Office: 604.859.2002 | Toll Free: 1.800.663.8724
“I am only one, but I am one. ‘I cannot do everything, but I can do something.’ And I
will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” Edward Everett Hale
Yes…North West Rubber is about providing goods and services, establishing authentic relationships with our customers where we can truly add value to their business, and about making money. It’s about providing jobs, looking after our employees, caring for the environment, and about being good corporate citizens.
But, we also believe that there has to be more to life and to business than these things alone!
Edward Hale says it very well; it is easy to be paralyzed into inaction when looking at the magnitude of the challenges that our world faces today, but let’s not let that impede us from striving to improve the lives of those in the world that need our help!
The following are the organizations that North West Rubber currently partners with in an attempt to make a difference in the world in which we live:
- Red Barn Resources
- After spending two years in Cameroon, Africa, Arnie Melissen (the president of North West Rubber) established Red Barn Resources. Since 2000, this not-for-profit organization has been bringing economic opportunity and literacy initiatives to the people of Cameroon, Africa, through a partnership with CABTAL. It is estimated that over 250 Cameroonians have learned to read and write over the past decade, and the equivalent of 50 full-time jobs have been created as a result of the work of this organization. Small business loans, educational fees, and home loans are also a part of this program.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (www.mssociety.ca)
- Over half a million people in North America are affected by this degenerative neurological disease. MS Society volunteers and staff provide information, support, educational events and other resources for people with MS and their families. Researchers funded by the MS Society are working to develop new and better treatments and will one day find a cure for MS!
- Christian Record Services for the Blind (www.christianrecord.org )
- A non-profit international organization designed to benefit the blind and visually impaired serving in approximately eighty countries worldwide. Christian Record Services lending library contains more than 2,000 volumes in Braille and on audiocassette free of charge for the blind and visually impaired.